The Darth Coastal Runners (DCR) is a running group based in Bishopston, South Gower. It was founded in 2014 by competitors of The Darth Mannion and Marathon De Gwyr who wanted to engage in their love of running more than a couple of times a year.
Like our events, DCR is built on the foundations of wellbeing, community and friendship. We’re a bit different to other clubs in that we’re neither an elite academy, nor a relaxed social club. We push our physical limits, but in an inclusive and fun environment. All of our runs adopt our ‘peloton-philosophy’ and our focus is in getting the group round, rather than the cult of the individual. We also try and squeeze in the odd social event too.
If you would like to come along to one of our runs to see what we’re about, then you can do so for free. Please get in touch with Ian or Julie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once you’ve done that you may want to join with a full membership. As well as the benefits listed above, DCR members also gain Welsh Athletics affiliation – full list of benefits here http://www.welshathletics.org/clubs/benefits-of-affiliation.aspx – and some DCR specifics. The headlines include:
- Insurance cover while taking part in running events
- £10 discount off entry into Cardiff half marathon
- Discounted entry into many other events in Wales and in England
- 10% discount in Run and Become and Moti
- Early-bird sign up opportunity to our events (The Darth Mannion, Marathon de Gwyr and Darth Minnions)
- Opportunity to purchase DCR sportswear (including the soon-to-be-iconic DCR running vest, designed by Wozza and produced by Silverback).
- Opportunity to take part in regular guided trail-runs and “Crossfat” conditioning sessions.
- Members only Facebook page
Membership is a piffling £35 per year. To join simply click here.